Monday, March 1, 2010

First Attempt at Craft Time - A Flop



I've been thinking Molly has needed a new activity--not necessarily a new toy, but something new to do. So I've been thinking we need to add a craft time to our daily schedule. I have craft items in the house, but more of the adult variety. I have scrap stuff, a sewing machine, quilting items, cross-stitch fabric and thread (although it's been a VERY long time since I've done any of that), modge-podge glue, a glue gun...well, the list could go on and on. What I don't have is crayons or finger paints or sidewalk chalk (although I did promise this one to Jace).

I've read of homemade finger paint using water, flour and food coloring so I attempted it. Well, the good thing is that it isn't toxic but nor did it have much color. I had great expectations that Molly would enjoy playing with it. Not so! She didn't like getting her fingers dirty nor did she like the taste of it (go figure). Ah! We can try painting with a q-tip (another suggestion I read about online). Umm, Molly still was not enthralled. This Momma needs some different ideas. I think I'll go pick up some crayons (only the Crayola kind--is there any other?) and some official finger paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment