Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Welcome Baby Toby Haskell



We welcomed the birth of our second child over the weekend. Baby boy Toby Haskell was born on Feb 13th at 8:38 pm. He weighed 7 lbs, 7 oz and was 20 1/2 inches lonng. "Haskell" is my maternal grandfather and "Toby" we just liked!


Saturday morning I woke up about 3:30am to the beginning of contractions. My friend, Christina, had come to visit for the weekend. Needless to say our plans changed slightly. She and I toodled around the house most of the day and wiled away the time as the contractions got stronger. Middle of the day Curt took Molly over to Grandmother and Papa. As soon as he got back we left for the hospital, getting there a little before 5 pm.


I don't think the nurses thought much about me coming in with a smile on my face but as soon as they hooked up the machines there were contractions. A check found that I was already dilated to 6 cm and with that the nurse declared I had bought myself a bed. :) The contractions were getting enough uncomfortable that I was very glad to get an epidural quickly. It wasn't long before the nurses checked and declared I was just about complete. Unfortunately, the epidural made me sick at my head and then to my stomach. We pushed for about an hour before Baby Boy made his appearance at 8:38 pm.


G'Mother and Papa brought Molly in to see us and her new brother. I don't think she was very impressed. It didn't help that it was 9:30 at night and she was up way past her bedtime. I must have scared her because she didn't want to have a thing to do with me! Kevin & Robin, the Bs and the Danes were also there to see us. We called Mom and Dad in Taiwan to share the news and were later able to Skype with them so they could see Toby.


We got to go home on Monday afternoon. Toby is a little jaundiced so he's having to sleep under the bilirubin lights for a couple days. Thankfully it's a very mild case and he's not having any problem eating. Actually, he's a very good eater. Let's hope that continues and he isn't the picky/slim eater his sister is.


We're so blessed God has given Toby to our family and we can't wait to see how this little boy worms his way into our hearts. Thank you Lord for a safe delivery of a healthy baby. God once again showers us with his goodness.






No comments:

Post a Comment